WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Senator Rick Scott released the below statement following an analysis by the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget showing that the Democrats’ spending plan could cost between $5 trillion and $5.5 trillion over 10 years – far more than the $3.5 trillion in spending they are advertising. For months, Senator Scott has been warning that reckless spending pushed by President Joe Biden and Washington Democrats is causing growing inflation, rising prices on everyday goods, which hurts all American families and is especially devastating to those on low and fixed-incomes.
Senator Rick Scott said, “President Joe Biden and Washington Democrats led by Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi will stop at nothing to jam their reckless tax-and-spend proposals through Congress. President Biden and the Democrats don’t care that wasteful government spending causes inflation, which is hurting families across our country. Now we find out that the massive $3.5 TRILLION spending spree, funded by higher taxes on American families, is actually going to cost taxpayers as much as $5.5 TRILLION over the next decade. That is insane, but Biden and the Democrats don’t care. The only thing that matters to the White House, Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi is appeasing the radical left by fulfilling its insane socialist wish list that increases government dependency and drowns our nation in even more debt.
“We know America can’t afford this. We know that this isn’t what families in Florida want. There is a day of reckoning coming if we don’t get our fiscal house in order, and I will keep fighting every day to rein in the reckless spending that threatens the future of our children and grandchildren.”
Since being elected to the U.S. Senate, Senator Scott has repeatedly urged action to address America’s debt crisis and the harmful effects of inflation:
- July 16, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott Issues Weekly Update on Biden’s Inflation Crisis
- July 16, 2021: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… Sen. Rick Scott, FGA President in Tampa Bay Times: Approaching debt limit deadline presents golden opportunity for fiscal responsibility
- July 15, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott and The Heritage Foundation Release Episode 2 in ‘Road Trip on a Budget’ Video Series: Washington Can’t Keep Maxing out America’s Credit Card
- July 14, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: As Inflation Rages, Joe Biden’s Reckless Spending Spree Continues
- July 13, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Secretary Yellen: With Debt Limit Suspension Expiring, Americans Deserve Transparency on U.S. Debt Crisis
- July 12, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Chair Powell: It’s Time to Acknowledge and Address America’s Growing Inflation Crisis
- June 16, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott and The Heritage Foundation Launch ‘Road Trip on a Budget’ Video Series to Highlight Washington’s Debt Crisis
- June 14, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Chair Powell: Americans Deserve Answers on Inflation
- June 11, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott Issues Weekly Update on Biden’s Inflation Crisis
- June 10, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: As Biden’s Inflation Crisis Grows, Florida Families Suffer
- June 9, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott Introduces Federal Debt Emergency Control Act to Fight Washington’s Spending & Debt Crisis
- June 4, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden’s Budget is a Disaster for Florida Families & Pro-Life Protections
- May 28, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden’s Reckless Spending Spree Would Destroy the American Dream
- May 26, 2021: VIDEO RELEASE: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden’s Inflation Crisis Demands Action
- May 21, 2021: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… Sens. Rick Scott, Cynthia Lummis in Fox News: Our national debt is almost $30 trillion – let conservative states lead on reducing it
- May 20, 2021: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… Sen. Rick Scott and Phil Gramm in the Wall Street Journal: Biden’s Plans Are Already Hurting the Recovery
- May 18, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Budget Committee Must Address Biden’s Debt and Inflation Crises
- May 14, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden’s Inflation Crisis is Here – He Must Address the Impacts of Reckless Liberal Spending
- May 13, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: April PPI Report Further Confirms Reality of Biden’s Inflation Crisis
- May 12, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden Remains Silent as Inflation Keeps Growing, Hurting Families
- May 10, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Biden: Inflation is Happening – Stop Reckless Government Spending
- May 6, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Families on the Hook for $16,000 in Tax Hikes this Decade to Pay for Biden’s Spending
- May 5, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott in the Wall Street Journal: Inflation Is More of a Threat Than the Fed Says
- May 4, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Biden: Tell the Truth About Taxing American Families
- April 29, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Federal Reserve: With Economy Recovering, Stop Manipulating Market with Treasury & Bond Buys
- April 28, 2021: VIDEO RELEASE Sen. Rick Scott’s Request For Inflation Crisis Information Blocked by Democrats: What Are They Hiding?
- April 23, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Americans are Worried About Rising Inflation – Biden Must Take Action
- April 14, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden Administration Lying About Threat of Inflation
- April 13, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Biden and Powell: Wake Up and Address Growing Inflation Now
- April 9, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden’s Inflation Ignorance is Unacceptable, Hurts Families
- April 2, 2021: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… Sen. Rick Scott in Washington Post: Where’s the anti-inflation plan, Mr. Powell?
- March 24, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Federal Reserve: What’s Your Plan to Address America’s Debt Crisis?
- March 17, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: We’re Watching Federal Reserve & President Biden’s Response to Inflation
- March 4, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to National Economic Council: What’s Biden’s Plan to Stop Inflation?
- February 23, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Fed Chairman Jay Powell Must Address Rising Inflation
- February 16, 2021: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… Sen. Rick Scott in the Tampa Bay Times: America Can’t Keep Spending Without Consequence, We Must Address Our Debt Crisis Now
- February 11, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Colleagues: Inflation from Unsustainable Federal Debt Hurts American Families
- February 3, 2021: VIDEO RELEASE: Sen. Rick Scott: Congress Must Address Our National Debt and Rein in Spending
- January 26, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Congress Must Get Serious About America's Debt
- May 4, 2020: After coronavirus, for US to survive, we must tackle looming debt crisis: Sen. Rick Scott
- February 5, 2020: Sen. Rick Scott to Chairman Powell: Take Action to Roll Back Growing Size of Federal Reserve’s Balance Sheet
- August 1, 2019: Sen. Rick Scott: Debt will destroy our country, if we let it