WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Senator Rick Scott released the below statement urging the Biden Administration to finally take responsibility for the effects of his reckless spending and release a plan to curb the threat of rising inflation on American families. While the Biden Administration continues to mislead the American public about rising prices across the nation, Senator Scott will be releasing a weekly update on his actions to address America’s debt crisis and rising inflation.
Senator Rick Scott said, “I’ve been warning for two years now that reckless spending has consequences. Here’s the reality: our nation is nearing $30 trillion in debt, and while President Biden and Democrats are lost in their whirlwind of multi-trillion dollar proposals, 87% of Americans are concerned about the rising costs of household items, like diapers, gas and groceries. April Consumer Price Index (CPI) and Producer Price Index (PPI) were up 4.2% and 6.2%, respectively, the largest 12-month advances since 2008. April PPI data showed that over the year, meat product prices have grown 16% and bread and grain prices have jumped 68%. It’s time for Biden and Democrats to open their eyes, stand up for working class families and realize their reckless spending is ruining our economy and devastating America’s low and fixed-income families, like mine growing up.”
Since being elected to the U.S. Senate, Senator Scott has repeatedly urged action to address America’s debt crisis and the harmful effects of inflation:
- May 13, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: April PPI Report Further Confirms Reality of Biden’s Inflation Crisis
- May 12, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden Remains Silent as Inflation Keeps Growing, Hurting Families
- May 10, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Biden: Inflation is Happening – Stop Reckless Government Spending
- May 6, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Families on the Hook for $16,000 in Tax Hikes this Decade to Pay for Biden’s Spending
- May 5, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott in the Wall Street Journal: Inflation Is More of a Threat Than the Fed Says
- May 4, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Biden: Tell the Truth About Taxing American Families
- April 29, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Federal Reserve: With Economy Recovering, Stop Manipulating Market with Treasury & Bond Buys
- April 28, 2021: VIDEO RELEASE Sen. Rick Scott’s Request For Inflation Crisis Information Blocked by Democrats: What Are They Hiding?
- April 23, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Americans are Worried About Rising Inflation – Biden Must Take Action
- April 14, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden Administration Lying About Threat of Inflation
- April 13, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Biden and Powell: Wake Up and Address Growing Inflation Now
- April 9, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden’s Inflation Ignorance is Unacceptable, Hurts Families
- April 2, 2021: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… Sen. Rick Scott in Washington Post: Where’s the anti-inflation plan, Mr. Powell?
- March 24, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Federal Reserve: What’s Your Plan to Address America’s Debt Crisis?
- March 17, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: We’re Watching Federal Reserve & President Biden’s Response to Inflation
- March 4, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to National Economic Council: What’s Biden’s Plan to Stop Inflation?
- February 23, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Fed Chairman Jay Powell Must Address Rising Inflation
- February 16, 2021: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… Sen. Rick Scott in the Tampa Bay Times: America Can’t Keep Spending Without Consequence, We Must Address Our Debt Crisis Now
- February 11, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Colleagues: Inflation from Unsustainable Federal Debt Hurts American Families
- February 3, 2021: VIDEO RELEASE: Sen. Rick Scott: Congress Must Address Our National Debt and Rein in Spending
- January 26, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Congress Must Get Serious About America's Debt
- May 4, 2020: After coronavirus, for US to survive, we must tackle looming debt crisis: Sen. Rick Scott
- February 5, 2020: Sen. Rick Scott to Chairman Powell: Take Action to Roll Back Growing Size of Federal Reserve’s Balance Sheet
- August 1, 2019: Sen. Rick Scott: Debt will destroy our country, if we let it