WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Senator Rick Scott released the following statement after the New York Times revealed that the Biden Administration is privately wary of the threat of inflation due to President Biden’s massive spending plans, while publicly brushing off the issue.
Senator Rick Scott said, “While officials in President Biden’s own Administration have reportedly expressed private concern about the impacts their massive spending plans will have on inflation, Biden, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen and the Democrats continue to play down this threat publicly. They are lying in public, while privately worrying about the same issue I’ve been sounding the alarm on for months. It’s a disgusting betrayal of the trust of the American people. When inflation rises, the prices of everyday goods go up. I grew up poor and I know how much it means to a family when prices go up. It seems Biden and the elitist left couldn’t care less. It’s time for Biden to acknowledge this threat is real, understand that his reckless spending has consequences and address the risk of runaway inflation now.”
Since being elected to the U.S. Senate, Senator Scott has repeatedly urged action to address America’s debt crisis and the harmful effects of inflation:
- April 13, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Biden and Powell: Wake Up and Address Growing Inflation Now
- April 9, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden’s Inflation Ignorance is Unacceptable, Hurts Families
- April 2, 2021: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… Sen. Rick Scott in Washington Post: Where’s the anti-inflation plan, Mr. Powell?
- March 24, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Federal Reserve: What’s Your Plan to Address America’s Debt Crisis?
- March 17, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: We’re Watching Federal Reserve & President Biden’s Response to Inflation
- March 4, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to National Economic Council: What’s Biden’s Plan to Stop Inflation?
- February 23, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Fed Chairman Jay Powell Must Address Rising Inflation
- February 16, 2021: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… Sen. Rick Scott in the Tampa Bay Times: America Can’t Keep Spending Without Consequence, We Must Address Our Debt Crisis Now
- February 11, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Colleagues: Inflation from Unsustainable Federal Debt Hurts American Families
- February 3, 2021: VIDEO RELEASE: Sen. Rick Scott: Congress Must Address Our National Debt and Rein in Spending
- January 26, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Congress Must Get Serious About America's Debt
- May 4, 2020: After coronavirus, for US to survive, we must tackle looming debt crisis: Sen. Rick Scott
- February 5, 2020: Sen. Rick Scott to Chairman Powell: Take Action to Roll Back Growing Size of Federal Reserve’s Balance Sheet
- August 1, 2019: Sen. Rick Scott: Debt will destroy our country, if we let it