What are Congressional military academy nominations?
Members of Congress are authorized by law to nominate candidates for appointment to four U.S. Military Academies. These schools include the U.S. Military Academy, U.S. Naval Academy, U.S. Air Force Academy, and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy. The fifth service academy, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, does not require a congressional nomination for appointment. In addition to requesting a nomination from a Member of Congress or another nominating official, an individual seeking appointment to a service academy must separately apply to the service academies to which he or she seeks to be appointed.
What are the eligibility requirements?
To qualify for a military academy, an applicant must meet all of the eligibility criteria required by the respective service academy, including the following:
- Citizenship: U.S. citizen or national;
- Must be a Florida resident;
- Age: At least 17 years of age and not yet 23 years old on July 1 of the year the applicant would enter an academy (25 years old for USMMA);
- Dependent Status: Unmarried; Not pregnant, and without legal obligation to support children or other dependents
- Meet the academic, physical, medical, and all other eligibility requirements of the respective service academies
What documents are required in my nomination application?
The following documents must be completed and submitted no later than Sunday, September 17, 2023:
- Completed and Submitted Questionnaire;
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendations;
- Unofficial High School Transcript;
- If you've completed any courses at a college or university, please include unofficial transcripts for each of the academic institutions attended.
- SAT/ACT Scores;
- To directly submit your SAT/ACT test scores to Senator Rick Scott's office, please use the SAT test code of 0220 and ACT test code of 7118. Please note, it takes approximately six weeks for our office to receive official scores. To provide equal opportunity for all applicants, we will not accept any late submissions.
What is the timeline for the nomination process?
Below you will find the official timeline for our nomination process. We expect all applicants to plan accordingly to meet all posted deadlines. All application materials must be submitted by Sunday, September 17, 2023 . Late submissions will not be accepted. To ensure your materials are considered for review, please submit all required materials through the online application portal available using the “Apply Here” button below. Please note, all other methods of submission will not be accepted.
|March 6, 2023:||Application portal opens|
|September 17, 2023:||Deadline to submit application and required materials|
|October 14, 2023:||In-person Interviews conducted (Tampa)|
|November 2023 through December 31, 2023:||Nomination selections made|
|January 31, 2024:||Deadline for Congressional Nomination Submissions to U.S. Service Academies|
If you have any questions, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.