WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Senator Rick Scott released the below statement following reports that 87% of Americans are worried about inflation – a 10 point increase since last month.
Senator Rick Scott said, “For months, I’ve been warning about the threat of inflation and urging President Biden and his administration to take action. While Biden remains silent, Americans are worried because inflation is real and it’s happening right now. They see the price of every day goods growing up. For poor and struggling families across the nation, like mine growing up, even a slight increase in the price of household items can be devastating and curb their ability to save and succeed. It’s time for Biden to wake up, abandon his radical tax and spend agenda and focus instead on reining in our out of control spending and debt, and protecting American families.”
Since being elected to the U.S. Senate, Senator Scott has repeatedly urged action to address America’s debt crisis and the harmful effects of inflation:
- April 14, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden Administration Lying About Threat of Inflation
- April 13, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Biden and Powell: Wake Up and Address Growing Inflation Now
- April 9, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden’s Inflation Ignorance is Unacceptable, Hurts Families
- April 2, 2021: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… Sen. Rick Scott in Washington Post: Where’s the anti-inflation plan, Mr. Powell?
- March 24, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Federal Reserve: What’s Your Plan to Address America’s Debt Crisis?
- March 17, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: We’re Watching Federal Reserve & President Biden’s Response to Inflation
- March 4, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to National Economic Council: What’s Biden’s Plan to Stop Inflation?
- February 23, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Fed Chairman Jay Powell Must Address Rising Inflation
- February 16, 2021: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… Sen. Rick Scott in the Tampa Bay Times: America Can’t Keep Spending Without Consequence, We Must Address Our Debt Crisis Now
- February 11, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Colleagues: Inflation from Unsustainable Federal Debt Hurts American Families
- February 3, 2021: VIDEO RELEASE: Sen. Rick Scott: Congress Must Address Our National Debt and Rein in Spending
- January 26, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Congress Must Get Serious About America's Debt
- May 4, 2020: After coronavirus, for US to survive, we must tackle looming debt crisis: Sen. Rick Scott
- February 5, 2020: Sen. Rick Scott to Chairman Powell: Take Action to Roll Back Growing Size of Federal Reserve’s Balance Sheet
- August 1, 2019: Sen. Rick Scott: Debt will destroy our country, if we let it