WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, following the latest Producer Price Index (PPI) release from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Senator Rick Scott released the below statement reiterating his calls for President Biden and the Democrats to finally ditch their reckless and wasteful spending plans which have caused this crisis. Today’s BLS data, in conjunction with yesterday’s Consumer Price Index data, again proves that prices are rising for families in Florida and across the nation – hurting America’s low and fixed-income families the most. According to the BLS, the PPI final demand index moved up 6.2% for the 12 months ending in April, the largest advance since 12-month data were first calculated in November 2010.
Senator Rick Scott said, “April’s Producer Price Index data confirms what I have been warning about for months – President Biden and the Democrats’ reckless spending and blatant disregard for fiscal responsibility has created an inflation crisis in America. While Biden claims to be focused on lifting up American families, his policies are having the opposite effect and are hurting small businesses and low and fixed-income families the most.
“Every day that Biden remains ignorant to the impacts of inflation is devastating to families in Florida and across America. Over the year, meat product prices have grown 16% and bread and grain prices have jumped 68%. Price increases like these have an immediate and significant negative effect on so many families. I saw it firsthand growing up in public housing and watching my parents struggle to make ends meet. We need answers now on how Biden will address the inflation crisis he has created and protect families.”
Since being elected to the U.S. Senate, Senator Scott has repeatedly urged action to address America’s debt crisis and the harmful effects of inflation:
- May 12, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden Remains Silent as Inflation Keeps Growing, Hurting Families
- May 10, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Biden: Inflation is Happening – Stop Reckless Government Spending
- May 6, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Families on the Hook for $16,000 in Tax Hikes this Decade to Pay for Biden’s Spending
- May 5, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott in the Wall Street Journal: Inflation Is More of a Threat Than the Fed Says
- May 4, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Biden: Tell the Truth About Taxing American Families
- April 29, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Federal Reserve: With Economy Recovering, Stop Manipulating Market with Treasury & Bond Buys
- April 28, 2021: VIDEO RELEASE Sen. Rick Scott’s Request For Inflation Crisis Information Blocked by Democrats: What Are They Hiding?
- April 23, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Americans are Worried About Rising Inflation – Biden Must Take Action
- April 14, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden Administration Lying About Threat of Inflation
- April 13, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Biden and Powell: Wake Up and Address Growing Inflation Now
- April 9, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden’s Inflation Ignorance is Unacceptable, Hurts Families
- April 2, 2021: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… Sen. Rick Scott in Washington Post: Where’s the anti-inflation plan, Mr. Powell?
- March 24, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Federal Reserve: What’s Your Plan to Address America’s Debt Crisis?
- March 17, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: We’re Watching Federal Reserve & President Biden’s Response to Inflation
- March 4, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to National Economic Council: What’s Biden’s Plan to Stop Inflation?
- February 23, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Fed Chairman Jay Powell Must Address Rising Inflation
- February 16, 2021: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… Sen. Rick Scott in the Tampa Bay Times: America Can’t Keep Spending Without Consequence, We Must Address Our Debt Crisis Now
- February 11, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Colleagues: Inflation from Unsustainable Federal Debt Hurts American Families
- February 3, 2021: VIDEO RELEASE: Sen. Rick Scott: Congress Must Address Our National Debt and Rein in Spending
- January 26, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Congress Must Get Serious About America's Debt
- May 4, 2020: After coronavirus, for US to survive, we must tackle looming debt crisis: Sen. Rick Scott
- February 5, 2020: Sen. Rick Scott to Chairman Powell: Take Action to Roll Back Growing Size of Federal Reserve’s Balance Sheet
- August 1, 2019: Sen. Rick Scott: Debt will destroy our country, if we let it