WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, as the Biden Administration continues to mislead the American public about how Washington’s reckless spending is leading to inflation and rising prices of every day goods, Senator Scott released a weekly update on his actions to address America’s debt crisis and rising inflation. Senator Scott is urging the Biden Administration to take responsibility for his wasteful spending and release a plan to curb the threat of rising inflation on American families.
This week, Senator Scott called on Chairman Bernie Sanders to immediately hold a hearing of the U.S. Senate Committee on the Budget to address America’s growing debt crisis, releasing the statement below:
“Inflation is a tax on America’s working families. Rising prices are devastating to low and fixed-income Americans. I grew up poor and watched my parents struggle to put food on the table. My message to Biden and the Democrats is simple: enough is enough. It’s time for Senate Democrats to stand with their Republican colleagues, do their jobs, and start holding the Biden Administration accountable for the financial ruin it is so desperately trying to create. With the debt ceiling expiring on July 31, we must tackle these issues head-on and chart a new and fiscally responsible path forward that protects families and our nation’s financial security. I look forward to Chairman Sanders immediately scheduling a hearing and the committee starting the important work of solving Biden’s debt and inflation crises before even more families are hurt.”
Since being elected to the U.S. Senate, Senator Scott has repeatedly urged action to address America’s debt crisis and the harmful effects of inflation:
- May 21, 2021: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… Sens. Rick Scott, Cynthia Lummis in Fox News: Our national debt is almost $30 trillion – let conservative states lead on reducing it
- May 20, 2021: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… Sen. Rick Scott and Phil Gramm in the Wall Street Journal: Biden’s Plans Are Already Hurting the Recovery
- May 18, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Budget Committee Must Address Biden’s Debt and Inflation Crises
- May 14, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden’s Inflation Crisis is Here – He Must Address the Impacts of Reckless Liberal Spending
- May 13, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: April PPI Report Further Confirms Reality of Biden’s Inflation Crisis
- May 12, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden Remains Silent as Inflation Keeps Growing, Hurting Families
- May 10, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Biden: Inflation is Happening – Stop Reckless Government Spending
- May 6, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Families on the Hook for $16,000 in Tax Hikes this Decade to Pay for Biden’s Spending
- May 5, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott in the Wall Street Journal: Inflation Is More of a Threat Than the Fed Says
- May 4, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Biden: Tell the Truth About Taxing American Families
- April 29, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Federal Reserve: With Economy Recovering, Stop Manipulating Market with Treasury & Bond Buys
- April 28, 2021: VIDEO RELEASE Sen. Rick Scott’s Request For Inflation Crisis Information Blocked by Democrats: What Are They Hiding?
- April 23, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Americans are Worried About Rising Inflation – Biden Must Take Action
- April 14, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden Administration Lying About Threat of Inflation
- April 13, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Biden and Powell: Wake Up and Address Growing Inflation Now
- April 9, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden’s Inflation Ignorance is Unacceptable, Hurts Families
- April 2, 2021: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… Sen. Rick Scott in Washington Post: Where’s the anti-inflation plan, Mr. Powell?
- March 24, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Federal Reserve: What’s Your Plan to Address America’s Debt Crisis?
- March 17, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: We’re Watching Federal Reserve & President Biden’s Response to Inflation
- March 4, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to National Economic Council: What’s Biden’s Plan to Stop Inflation?
- February 23, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Fed Chairman Jay Powell Must Address Rising Inflation
- February 16, 2021: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… Sen. Rick Scott in the Tampa Bay Times: America Can’t Keep Spending Without Consequence, We Must Address Our Debt Crisis Now
- February 11, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Colleagues: Inflation from Unsustainable Federal Debt Hurts American Families
- February 3, 2021: VIDEO RELEASE: Sen. Rick Scott: Congress Must Address Our National Debt and Rein in Spending
- January 26, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Congress Must Get Serious About America's Debt
- May 4, 2020: After coronavirus, for US to survive, we must tackle looming debt crisis: Sen. Rick Scott
- February 5, 2020: Sen. Rick Scott to Chairman Powell: Take Action to Roll Back Growing Size of Federal Reserve’s Balance Sheet
- August 1, 2019: Sen. Rick Scott: Debt will destroy our country, if we let it