MIAMI, Fla. – Today, Senator Rick Scott held a roundtable discussion with small business owners in Miami to discuss the impact of rising inflation caused by President Joe Biden and Democrats’ reckless spending. Last week, Senator Scott introduced the Federal Debt Emergency Control Act to rein in Washington’s out-of-control spending and provide a concrete path forward to tackle the nation’s nearly $30 trillion debt.
Senator Rick Scott said, “America is in a debt crisis because of reckless government spending. Now, thanks to the insane spending and failed policies of President Joe Biden and Democrats in Washington, we are seeing higher and higher inflation. When inflation goes up, it hurts everyone – especially our small businesses and poorest families, like mine growing up.
“Today, I met with small business owners in Miami who are experiencing Biden’s inflation crisis firsthand. We know that 83% of Americans are already tightening their budget due to inflation pressures. That means countless Floridians, like those I spoke with today, are having a harder time making ends meet. We can’t let Washington continue to spend with reckless abandon and hurt Florida families and businesses with rising prices. I’ll never stop fighting against Washington’s binge spending and for common sense reforms that reduce the debt, stop inflation and protect all Floridians.”
Senator Scott also released a weekly update on his actions to address America’s debt crisis and rising inflation. As the reckless spending of the Biden administration and congressional Democrats leads to inflation and rising prices of every day goods, Senator Scott is urging the president to end his wasteful spending and address rising inflation on American families.
Since being elected to the U.S. Senate, Senator Scott has repeatedly urged action to address America’s debt crisis and the harmful effects of inflation:
- June 19, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: PPI Data is Clear - Biden is Responsible for the American Inflation Crisis
- June 14, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Chair Powell: Americans Deserve Answers on Inflation
- June 11, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott Issues Weekly Update on Biden’s Inflation Crisis
- June 10, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: As Biden’s Inflation Crisis Grows, Florida Families Suffer
- June 9, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott Introduces Federal Debt Emergency Control Act to Fight Washington’s Spending & Debt Crisis
- June 4, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden’s Budget is a Disaster for Florida Families & Pro-Life Protections
- May 28, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden’s Reckless Spending Spree Would Destroy the American Dream
- May 26, 2021: VIDEO RELEASE: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden’s Inflation Crisis Demands Action
- May 21, 2021: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… Sens. Rick Scott, Cynthia Lummis in Fox News: Our national debt is almost $30 trillion – let conservative states lead on reducing it
- May 20, 2021: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… Sen. Rick Scott and Phil Gramm in the Wall Street Journal: Biden’s Plans Are Already Hurting the Recovery
- May 18, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Budget Committee Must Address Biden’s Debt and Inflation Crises
- May 14, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden’s Inflation Crisis is Here – He Must Address the Impacts of Reckless Liberal Spending
- May 13, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: April PPI Report Further Confirms Reality of Biden’s Inflation Crisis
- May 12, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden Remains Silent as Inflation Keeps Growing, Hurting Families
- May 10, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Biden: Inflation is Happening – Stop Reckless Government Spending
- May 6, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Families on the Hook for $16,000 in Tax Hikes this Decade to Pay for Biden’s Spending
- May 5, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott in the Wall Street Journal: Inflation Is More of a Threat Than the Fed Says
- May 4, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Biden: Tell the Truth About Taxing American Families
- April 29, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Federal Reserve: With Economy Recovering, Stop Manipulating Market with Treasury & Bond Buys
- April 28, 2021: VIDEO RELEASE Sen. Rick Scott’s Request For Inflation Crisis Information Blocked by Democrats: What Are They Hiding?
- April 23, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Americans are Worried About Rising Inflation – Biden Must Take Action
- April 14, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden Administration Lying About Threat of Inflation
- April 13, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Biden and Powell: Wake Up and Address Growing Inflation Now
- April 9, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Biden’s Inflation Ignorance is Unacceptable, Hurts Families
- April 2, 2021: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… Sen. Rick Scott in Washington Post: Where’s the anti-inflation plan, Mr. Powell?
- March 24, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Federal Reserve: What’s Your Plan to Address America’s Debt Crisis?
- March 17, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: We’re Watching Federal Reserve & President Biden’s Response to Inflation
- March 4, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to National Economic Council: What’s Biden’s Plan to Stop Inflation?
- February 23, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Fed Chairman Jay Powell Must Address Rising Inflation
- February 16, 2021: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… Sen. Rick Scott in the Tampa Bay Times: America Can’t Keep Spending Without Consequence, We Must Address Our Debt Crisis Now
- February 11, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott to Colleagues: Inflation from Unsustainable Federal Debt Hurts American Families
- February 3, 2021: VIDEO RELEASE: Sen. Rick Scott: Congress Must Address Our National Debt and Rein in Spending
- January 26, 2021: Sen. Rick Scott: Congress Must Get Serious About America's Debt
- May 4, 2020: After coronavirus, for US to survive, we must tackle looming debt crisis: Sen. Rick Scott
- February 5, 2020: Sen. Rick Scott to Chairman Powell: Take Action to Roll Back Growing Size of Federal Reserve’s Balance Sheet
- August 1, 2019: Sen. Rick Scott: Debt will destroy our country, if we let it
See more from this week on Twitter: