NAPLES, Fla. – Today, Senator Rick Scott hosted a roundtable at the Collier Senior Center in Naples with program administrators, community leaders and senior citizens to discuss the impacts of Biden’s inflation crisis, the cost of healthcare and the skyrocketing cost of living. Following the roundtable, Senator Scott released the following statement.
Senator Rick Scott said, “Today, I got to hear from Florida Seniors about what more I can do in Washington to help them. I’ve been in Washington for five years and every day I have to fight to remind the people up there that they work for you. Democrats have waged a war on seniors by causing skyrocketing inflation which hurts those on fixed income, who rely on programs like Social Security, the most. I am fighting to pass my Protect Our Seniors Act to safeguard Social Security and Medicare benefits from cuts and political games in Washington. I'm also working to make sure that Florida seniors don't have to face uncertainty because of skyrocketing inflation and federal incompetence like what we've seen at the Social Security Administration with overpayments and demands of immediate financially crippling clawbacks from innocent seniors. I promised Floridians I would fight and I will never go back on my word.”
Learn more about Senator Scott’s efforts fighting for Florida’s seniors:
- Sen. Rick Scott Announces Protect Our Seniors Act to Preserve & Protect Social Security & Medicare
- Cosponsor of Senator Hagerty’s Financial Exploitation Prevention Act of 2023
- Sen. Rick Scott: Hold Social Security Admin, Not Innocent Florida Seniors, Accountable for Overpayments
- PHOTO RELEASE: Sen. Rick Scott Hosts Aging Committee Field Hearing in Tampa with Veterans Service Organizations
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… Sen. Rick Scott Highlights Importance of Hurricane Preparedness for Florida Seniors in Senate Aging Committee
View and Download High-Resolution Handout HERE
If you or someone you know is in need of help from a federal agency, visit Senator Scott’s website, www.rickscott.senate.gov, for casework assistance.