VIDEO RELEASE Sen. Rick Scott to Joe Biden: Show Up for the Cuban People Fighting for Freedom
July 15, 2021
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Senator Rick Scott released the following message to the brave people of Cuba fighting for freedom and democracy through peaceful protests across the island. Senator Scott delivered this message standing in front of the illegitimate Cuban Embassy in Washington, D.C., located on 16th Street, which will soon be renamed “Oswaldo Payá Way,” to call out the oppression of the Cuban regime and highlight the cause of dissident Oswaldo Payá.
See more in the video HERE or below.
Since the protests began, Senator Scott has called for the Biden administration to provide the full support of the federal government to those fighting for freedom in Cuba, and rally the international community behind the Cuban people in this critically important moment.
- Thursday, July 15: Sen. Rick Scott Joins Sen. Rubio and Colleagues to Introduce Resolution in Support of the Cuban People
- Tuesday, July 13: TWEET – Senator Rick Scott Stands with the Cuban People During the Republican Leadership Press Conference
- Monday, July 12: VIDEO RELEASE: Sen. Rick Scott on the Senate Floor: We Stand with Those Demanding Freedom in Cuba
- Monday, July 12: Sen. Rick Scott: The U.S. Must Stand Strongly With the Cuban People Fighting for Freedom
- Sunday, July 11: TWEET – Senator Rick Scott to Communist Cuban Leaders: Your Time is Up