WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Senator Rick Scott released a 30-Day Plan to help get America back to normal following the spread of the Coronavirus.
Senator Rick Scott said, “Americans are scared because of the uncertainty the Coronavirus has brought. Small businesses are closing, people feel isolated and there’s no end in sight. But we can beat this. There are a series of steps we can take right now that, if everyone cooperates, can end the spread of the Coronavirus in the U.S. If we take these actions, we can significantly stop the spread of the virus and return to our normal, daily lives.”
Senator Scott’s 30-Day Plan to help stop the spread of the Coronavirus includes:
- Everyone stay home to the extent possible.
- Shut down all air travel – international AND domestic.
- Close U.S. borders to everyone except American citizens and Legal Permanent Residents.
- Require every individual to have their temperature taken before they enter a public building. If anyone has a high temperature, they cannot enter.
- Place a moratorium on all financial obligations (including rent, credit card payments, mortgages, utilities).
- Implement robust county-level testing with same-day results.
- If someone tests positive for COVID-19, they are mandated to quarantine. States must rigorously enforce quarantine rules.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) should provide hospitals with a list of all drugs potentially available to patients either through Right to Try or Compassionate Use. The FDA should provide hospitals with a list of all drugs that show promising off-label therapeutic use for COVID-19.