WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Senator Rick Scott called on the American people to come together and take action NOW to stop the spread of the Coronavirus in the United States. Senator Scott is urging every level of government to immediately take the following steps to keep families safe from the Coronavirus:
- Close the border. NOW. End travel from any foreign country except U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents.
- SOLVE THE TESTING ISSUE. Every county in the country should have at least one mobile testing site by Friday – counties in hot spots like New York and South Florida need more than one. There’s no excuse anymore.
- National Guard units as well as active-duty military personnel should be called upon to support these efforts.
- Governors in states with community spread need to take extreme measures to prevent large social interactions. As a former Governor, Senator Scott knows that they’re best-equipped to make these decisions for their states.
- A national quarantine is difficult to enforce and a waste of much-needed resources. But in hot spots, social distancing measures need to be strictly enforced.
- Protect supply chains for protective equipment for healthcare workers and first responders.
- Crack down on price-gouging of healthcare equipment.
In case you missed it, Senator Rick Scott appeared on Fox’s The Story with Martha MacCallum last night to discuss these recommendations and his efforts to keep Americans safe from the Coronavirus. Watch the interview HERE.